Friday, February 27, 2009

Spine Intact, Some Creases


Title: Spine Intact, Some Creases
Author: Victor J. Banis
Publisher: Borgo Press
ISBN: 978-1434402073
Genre: Non-Fiction/Memoirs
Website: http://www.vjbanis.com/


Victor J. Banis should be hailed a hero for the battles he fought and the trails that he blazed, and every writer should be grateful for all that he has done. He deserves an apology from the Federal government (especially the USPS) for the way he was treated. In the land of the free and the home of the brave, where all men are supposed to be created equal, the government’s treatment of Banis is embarrassing and appalling.

With a trumped-up obscenity charge and trial threatening to send him to prison, and an ongoing possibility of prison for what he was writing, Banis fought back and won.

For me, any American with a social conscience should be furious over the treatment this man endured at the hands of the government – and I for one certainly am outraged.

I don’t normally read non-fiction, but I’m glad that I read Spine Intact, Some Creases. The title alone was humorous and a bit intriguing. Banis effortlessly blends very poignant moments with hilarious tales, and keeps the reader turning the pages. I often read a few paragraphs of this downright, hilarious and laugh out loud funny book to my husband, and he found the stories just as funny as I.

I give this book a very enthusiastic thumbs up. Without a doubt, Spine Intact, Some Creases was the best book that I read in 2008. Buy this book – you won’t be disappointed. Mr. Banis is even posting several chapters of this book on his website - http://www.vjbanis.com/. Read a few of the chapters and then don’t delay ordering your copy. Out of 5 stars, I’d give this book at least 6 stars, so take my recommendation – this is a great book.

Through it all, Mr. Banis kept writing, and thankfully he keeps writing, and his fabulous works are still being published.

1 comment:

Victor J. Banis said...

Hey, Beth Ann,glad to find your blog, and thank you again for the wonderful reviews of this and Angel Land.

Victor J. Banis