Thursday, June 26, 2008

Afterlife Crisis

Title: Afterlife Crisis
Author: Steve Mayfield
Publisher: Synergy Books
ISBN: 978-1-934454-24-4
Genre: Spiritual Fiction
Release Date: 9/1/08
Website: http://www.afterlifecrisis.com/

Afterlife Crisis is a unique book about how our time on earth is seen in the afterlife, with a soundtrack of seven original songs included. The book is a fast read, with only 137 pages (not including the soundtrack lyrics.)

I’m not a fan of books about the afterlife, or all the new age stuff out there. I found this book stretching, and almost breaking at times, the limits of my imagination, but as a reviewer, I put aside my own personal beliefs and judge a book by its content. The author has a very fertile imagination about what happens when we leave this life, and I think that there is quite a market out there for Afterlife Crisis. The book kept me thinking of it as a sort of imaginative mixture of “A Christmas Carol” and “It’s a Wonderful Life.” The plot was easy to follow and the main character was very likeable.

As far as the spiritual fiction genre goes, this book will be well-received.

No comments: